Want to volunteer with the Clemson Club and give back to Clemson?
There are many definitions of VOLUNTEERING, so here are a few ideas.
- Identify unique event ideas and locations: We are ALWAYS on the lookout for a unique venue to host an event, especially if there is a Clemson connection, or ideas for events in general. Every idea is considered!
- Host an event in your office or home: We can have all the event ideas we want, but without hosts our events cannot happen. If you would like to host an event at your office (in a conference room or rooftop terrace) or your home (such as for the Freshmen Send Off Party or annual Pig Pickin') please let us know. You can offer just the space with no financial obligation, or you are welcome to consider financially sponsoring the event.
- Sponsor an event: Speaking of sponsors....this is a great way to support the events of our Clemson Club in DC/VA/MD and get Clemson Fund credit (you know, your annual fund contributions) from the University, which can be tax deductible.
- Join the Football Watch Party team: We have several locations around our area for watching games each fall, but we need lots of volunteers to help host and greet people at each location. This is a really fun way to get involved with the Clemson Club!
- Secure compelling speakers: If you or someone you know would like to speak to the Clemson Club, either through an informal gathering or a formal reception, please let us know. This could include an educational lecture, tour of a facility, speaking at one of our Six Degrees of Clemson networking events (ask us, we'll tell you more!), or coordinating with a faculty member from campus to come to our region.
- Facilitate connections with top industry professionals, companies or foundations: The DC/Baltimore corridor is home to many, many foundations and company headquarters who may have an interest in partnering with Clemson on a high level. This could expand beyond the beltway and go all the back to campus. Ideas include university endowments, foundation grants, scholarships, or instituting programs or new initiatives for students.
- Encourage others to become involved: As you run into Tigers at your kids' school, church, the grocery store, or a restaurant, tell them about our club and encourage them to visit www.clemsonclub.org to learn more.
- Attend events: This is a no-brainer. View all of our upcoming events on the Calendar and register to join us.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
- Complete the form at https://cualumni.clemson.edu/bio-update
- Once your address is updated, you will automatically be added to our email and mailing list, regardless of membership status.
- If you want to receive extra event invitations, special email announcements and other perks, become a member and you will be added to the members' email and mailing list.
POST A JOB/INTERNSHIP
Is your company hiring? Post your local job/internship opportunity on ClemsonJobLink to connect with Clemson students and recent alumni. We have a dedicated "Tigers Go To Washington" page just for opportunities in our area. This page is available to any employer interested in hiring a Clemson student or alumni for a job or internship (paid or unpaid).
>> In order to post your job or internship, please contact Rachael Wiker '00 at email@example.com to obtain the posting form. Once your posting form is received, the job or internship will be added to the ClemsonJobLink website within 48 business hours.
How do students find job/internship postings?
The Center for Career and Professional Development regularly promotes ClemsonJobLink to students who can log in with their student ID and password and then search by employer name. Our employer name is "Tigers Go To Washington." Once this employer name is selected, our dedicated page will open with all local jobs and internships opportunities.
How do alumni find job/internship postings?
1. Any alumni can create a free profile.
2. The profile application will be reviewed by staff, and alumni will then receive notification of approval via email.
3. Once the alumni profile is approved, alumni may log into ClemsonJobLink and search the employer field for "Tigers Go To Washington" to see local jobs and internships opportunities.
ADVERTISE WITH US
The Clemson Club of Baltimore and Washington, DC distributes monthly Regional eNews – electronic newsletters with events, activities and news. The eNews is distributed to approximately 5,500-6,000 constituents in the northern Virginia, Washington, DC and Maryland region.
Any interested alumni, parent or other constituent is welcome to promote his/her service, product or company in the eNews as long as submissions are legal, ethical, and consistent with Clemson policies. Submissions must be text only, limited to 100 words including a hyperlink and/or contact information, and may be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clemson Club has full discretion to accept or decline ads and is not responsible for proof reading or formatting.
Submissions and payment are due by the last business day of the month, and submissions will run in the next month’s eNews unless otherwise specified or requested.
Submissions are $20 each and the Clemson Club reserves the right to increase pricing at its sole discretion. Payment may be remitted to: The Clemson Club, PO Box 8072, McLean, VA 22106. Please make checks payable to The Clemson Club. Cash and credit cards are not accepted at this time. Payments are not tax-deductible.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.