GET INVOLVED! Want to volunteer with the Clemson Club? Here's how:
There are many definitions of VOLUNTEERING, but if you want to give back to Clemson in any way, here are a few ideas.
- Join the Football Watch Party team: We have several locations around our area for watching games each fall, but we need lots of volunteers to help with these events. You have to be able to be at the game watches and help with planning now. This volunteer committement runs through the entire football season and it's loads of fun!
- Identify unique event ideas and locations: We are ALWAYS on the hunt for a unique venue to host an event, especially if there is a Clemson connection, or ideas for events in general. Every idea is considered!
- Host an event in your office or home: We can have all the event ideas we want, but without hosts the events cannot happen. If you would like to host an event at your office (such as a conference room or rooftop terrance) or your home (such as for the Freshmen Send Off Party or annual Pig Pickin') please let us know. You can offer just the space with no financial obligation, or you are welcome to consider financially sponsoring the event.
- Sponsor an event: Speaking of sponsors....this is great way to support the events of our Clemson Club in DC/VA/MD and get Clemson Fund credit (you know, your annual fund contributions) from the University, which can be tax deductible.
- Secure compelling speakers: If you or someone you know would like to speak to the Clemson Club, either through an informal gathering or a formal reception, please let us know. This could include educational lecture, tour of a facility, speaking at one of our Six Degrees of Clemson networking events (ask us, we'll tell you more!), or coordinating with a faculty member from campus to come to our region.
- Facilitate connections with top industry professoinals, companies or foundations: The DC/Baltimore cooridor is home to many, many foundations and company headquarters who may have an interest in partnering with Clemson on a high level. This would expand beyond the beltway and get all the back to campus. Ideas include university endowments, foundation grants, scholarships, or instituting programs or new initiatives for students.
- Encourage others to become involved: As you run into Tigers at your kids' school, church, the grocery store, or a restaurant, tell them about our club and encourage them to visit www.clemsonclub.org to learn more.
- Attend events: This is a no-brainer. Just visit the "Calendar" link at the top of the page and join any event that interests you.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
- Complete the form at https://cualumni.clemson.edu/bio-update
- Once your address is updated you will automatically be added to our email and mailing lists, regardless of membership status.
- If you want to receive extra event invitations, special email announcements and other perks, become a member and you will be added to the Members Email and Mailing List.
We have a dedicated job/internship page via ClemsonJobLink. This page is avlable to any employer interested in hiring a Clemson student or alumni for a job or internship (paid or unpaid).
>> In order to post your job or internship, please contact Rachael Wiker '00 at email@example.com to obtain the posting form. Once your posting form is received, the job or internship will be added to the ClemsonJobLink website within 48 business hours.
How do students find job/internship postings?
The Center for Career and Professional Development regularly promotes ClemsonJobLink to students who can log in with their student ID and password then search by employer name. Our "Employer Name" is "Tigers Go To Washington"; once this Employer Name is clicked, our dedicated page will open with all DC-area jobs and internships.
How do alumni find job/internship postings?
1. Any alumni can create a free profile
2. The profile application will be reviewed by staff and alumni will receive notification of approval via email.
3. Once the alumni profile is approved, alumni may log into ClemsonJobLink and search the "Employer" field for "Tigers Go To Washington" to see DC-area jobs and internships.
ADVERTISE WITH US
The Clemson Club of Baltimore and Washington, DC distributes monthly Regional eNews – electronic newsletters with events, activities and news. The eNews is distributed to approximately 5,500-6,000 constituents in the northern Virginia, Washington, DC and Maryland region.
Any interested alumni, parent or other constituent are welcome to promote their service, product or company in the eNews as long as submissions are legal, ethical, and consistent with Clemson policies. Submissions must be text only, limited to 100 words including a hyperlink and/or contact information, and may be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clemson Club has full discretion to accept or decline ads and is not responsible for proof reading or formatting.
Submissions and payment are due by the last business day of the month, and submissions will run in the next month’s eNews unless otherwise specified or requested.
Submissions are $20.00 each and the Clemson Club reserves the right to increase pricing at its sole discretion. Payment may be remitted to: The Clemson Club, PO Box 8072, McLean, VA 22106
Please make checks payable to The Clemson Club. Cash and credit cards are not accepted at this time. Payments are not tax-deductible.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.