Join the Baltimore/Washington DC Clemson Club
The Clemson Club of Baltimore and Washington, DC is able to plan and organize wonderful events thanks to the Membership Program. We are one of the largest geographic Clemson Club in the United States with over 6,000 constituents, and we provide major events, philanthrophic activities, colorful communication and opportunities to stay engaged with Clemson thanks to your membership dues.
Who can become a Member?
ANYONE! Membership with the Clemson Club is open to alumni, parents, students, friends and fans (you do not have to be a Clemson alumni).
What are the benefits of Membership?
See "Option 1: Basic Membership" below. All membership options include each of these benefits. Options #4-6 have extra benefits in addition to the Basic Membership benefits.
How long is Membership valid?
Membership is valid for one calendar year (January - December) regardless of the date of purchase. The only except is option #5 below - the Monthly Sustaining Membership Draft - which automatically renews at the end of the year.
How do I purchase a Membership?
1. Online via PayPal (through your PayPal account or with a major credit/debit card)
2. Mail a check to The Clemson Club, PO Box 8072, McLean, VA 22106. Please make your check payable to The Clemson Club and be sure to include your name, class year, full address, phone and email address. Questions? Contact Rachael Wiker '00 at 703-556-0149 or email@example.com.
What are the Membership Options?
1. Basic Membership (basic, minimum annual option)
2. Recent Graduate Membership (discounted for select classes)
3. New Graduate and Current Student Membership (free for select classes)
4. Annual Sustaining Membership (one-time payment)
5. Monthly Sustaining Membership Auto-Draft (monthly payments including auto-renewal)
6. Roaring Tiger Membership (only option for tax deduction; not available online)
1. Basic Membership - $40.00 one-time annual payment
This option is the minimum membership amount due each year and it is available to anyone who wishes to become a member. Clemson Couples (both individuals are Clemson alumni) and Parents of current/alumni students need only to purchase one Basic Membership at $40.00 (not one membership per person). This membership will apply to both spouses and all children under 18 years old in your immediate household. The Basic Membership does not automatically renew at the end of the year. The Basic Membership has no exclusions. Benefits of the Basic Membership include:
- Substantial registration discounts up to 50% off
- Option to register for additional guests at the discounted "member" rate even if they are not members (maximum registration quantity varies per event)
- Early-bird registration savings of at least $5 per ticket (varies per event)
- "First Notice" emails with advance notice of new events
- Invitations to Members-Only events, such as Embassy Receptions
- Tiger Connection Club newsletter
- Special members-only mailings and emails
2. Recent Graduate (2013, 2014, 2015) Membership - $25.00 one-time annual payment
This discounted option is available only to individual alumni (not couples) of the classes of 2013, 2014 and 2015 and includes all of the same benefits as the Basic Membership. The Recent Graduate Membership is based on a sliding scale which applies to alumni 2, 3, and 4 years out of college. This membership option does not automatically renew at the end of the year. This option excludes Clemson Couples and Parents of students/alumni. Clemson Couples who both graduated in 2014, 2015 or 2016 are requested to purchase Option 1: Basic Membership to both become active members.
3. New Graduate (2016 and 2017) and Current Student (2018-2021) Membership - FREE
This free option is only available to those students and alumni with the abovementioned class years, and each indivdual is asked to complete the e-form below before the membership can be confirmed. This membership option includes all of the same benefits as the Basic Membeship. It does not automatically renew at the end of the year. This option excludes Clemson Couples and Parents of students/alumni.
4. Annual Sustaining Membership - $50+ one-time annual payment
The Annual Sustaining Membership option includes your Basic Membership dues plus additional, voluntary dues to help us sustain the level of activity, community involvement, and Clemson presence in DC and Baltimore that we've worked so hard to establish over the years. This membership option includes all of the benefits of the Basic Membership plus a portion of these dues also supports the Clemson Club Memorial Endowed Scholarship (which is given to deserving students from NoVA, DC and MD). The minimum amount requested is $50, and this is a one-time annual payment. This membership option is not tax-deductible and has no exclusions. The Annual Sustaining Membership option does not automatically renew at the end of the year.
5. Monthly Sustaining Membership Auto-Draft - option to select $8 - $25 / month for auto-draft
This monthly draft option is designed to make Sustaining Memberships more affordable for those who wish to further support the Clemson Club! Sustaining Memberships are critical to the success of the Clemson Club, and for as little as $8 each month, you can help elevate the Clemson Club's efforts in the DC/MD/VA region and contribute a larger percentage to the Clemson Club Memorial Endowed Scholarship.
1. The Monthly Sustaining Membership Auto-Draft is linked through the Clemson Club's PayPal account, so you must have a PayPal account to set up your draft (if you don't have one, don't worry - it's easy to set up).
2. Your draft will begin on the day you subscribe (set up your payment), and it will take place on the same day each month for your selected amount.
3. Your Monthly Sustaining Membership will automatically renew at the end of year - so you never have to worry about renewing your dues again!
4. Sustaining Memberships through the Monthly Membership Dues Draft are not tax deductible.
5. To cancel your draft, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org. After your cancellation is confirmed by the Clemson Club staff via email, you must deactivate your personal draft and notify your financial institution if necessary. Your membership will not automatically renew at the end of the year.
6. Monthly draft amounts are pre-set for $8, $10, $12, $15, $20 or $25.
7. This membership option includes all of the same benefits as the Basic Membership.
6. Roaring Tiger Membership* - $1,300+ including a tax deduction (not available online)
This membership level is for individuals who would like to significantly support the Clemson Club. This membership option is not available online, so you must mail a check (see below for directions). The Roaring Tiger Membership does not automatically renew and there are no exclusions. Benefits of this Roaring Tiger Membership level include:
- All of the same benefits as the Basic Membership
- A contribution to the Clemson Club Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Clemson University gift credit (tax deductible)
- Complimentary admission to all 2017 Clemson Club events (two for couples option)
- Priority Registration for all Clemson Club events
- Special access to select Clemson Club events
- Recognition in a Clemson Club publicity piece
Young Alumni (2007-2017): Individual ($1,300) OR Couple ($1,800)
Alumni (2006 or earlier) and Parents: Individual ($3,000) OR Couple ($3,500)
*If you choose to become a Roaring Tiger Member, please make your check payable to the Clemson University Foundation and mail it to The Clemson Club, PO Box 8072, McLean, VA 22106. Payment cannot be made online.
Questions about Membership? Please contact Rachael Wiker at 703-556-0149 or email@example.com.
Note: All credit card information is taken on the secure payment processing site.
Basic Membership - Click this link to buy an Alumnus, Clemson Couple, Parent or Friend Membership ($40.00 + $1.00 PayPal transaction fee)
Recent Graduate Membership - Click this link to buy a Recent Graduate (2013, 2014 and 2015) Membership. This option is for individuals only and is not available for Clemson Couples who graduated in 2013, 2014 or 2015; please see "Basic Membership" above for the couples option. ($25.00 + $1.00 PayPal transaction fee)
New Graduate and Current Student Membership - Click this link to request a Free New Graduate or Current/Incoming Student (2016-2021) Membership
Sustaining Membership - Click this link to buy a Sustaining Membership and help support the Clemson presence in VA, MD and DC. Join as a Sustaining Member and make a special gift to the club for $50, $100, $250, $500 or other amount.
Clemson Club Monthly Sustaining Membership Draft - Click this link to subscribe to the Monthly Sustaining Membership Auto-Draft ($8, $10, $12, $15, $20 or $25). You must have a PayPal account, or you may create an account. Your monthly draft will take place on the same date each month as the date you subscribe. To cancel your draft, you must first email firstname.lastname@example.org.